Customer Service and Feedback

  • Customer Service Centres and Council Chambers

    Phone: 1300 972 753

    67 Herbert Street, Bowen 
    Shop 23 Whitsunday Plaza, Cannonvale 
    Cnr. Stanley and Conway Streets, Collinsville  
    83-85 Main Street, Proserpine

    In Person: Monday - Friday 8:15am to 4:45pm  

    By Phone: Monday - Friday 8:15am – 5:00pm

    After Hours service available for emergencies


    Monday to Friday 8.15am - 4.45pm 
    Saturday 8.45am - 11.45am (except Collinsville) 
    Sunday closed

    Bowen Library 
    67 Herbert Street, 

    Cannonvale Library 
    Whitsunday Plaza (Centro) Shopping Centre, 
    Shute Harbour Road, 

    Collinsville Library 
    Cnr. Stanley and Conway Streets, Collinsville 

    Proserpine Library
    12 Main Street


    Bowen Depot
    181 Richmond Road

    Proserpine Depot
    Faust St

    Collinsville Depot
    3 Conway Street

  • We are committed towards providing quality service and effective communication, and will deliver consistent Customer Service with integrity, accountability and common sense.

    We will promote a ‘Customer Centric Culture’ throughout the organisation through training and continuous improvement.

    Our service offer will align with Council’s values to ensure that interacting with us is a positive experience.

    We will monitor and evaluate our service to ensure the standards set out in the below charter, to develop and build relationships and partnerships within our community. 

    Download a copy of our Customer Service Charter.

  • If you would like to provide feedback on our customer service, a short online survey is available or you can complete it in person at any of our Customer Service Centres.

    Your answers will assist us to continue providing a positive experience at the front counter and over the phone.

    Our Customer Service Centres

    Bowen - 67 Herbert Street
    Cannonvale - Shop 23 Whitsunday Plaza
    Collinsville - Cnr. Stanley and Conway Streets
    Proserpine – 83 – 85 Main Street

    If I have a compliment, complaint or question, what do I do?

    We value feedback from our residents and visitors. Compliments or complaints can be submitted via the following: 

    • Phone us on 1300 WRC QLD (1300 972 753);
    • Fax us on 07 4945 0222;
    • Email us at
    • Write to us at PO Box 104, Proserpine QLD 4800, Attention the Chief Executive Officer
    • In person at any of our Customer Service Centres in Cannonvale, Bowen, Collinsville & Proserpine
    • Download a customer feedback survey or alternatively

    If you want to report a problem or have a general enquiry, please go to our Online Services section.

    Your personal information will be used by authorised Council officers to assist in the management of complaint resolution. The information will not be given to any other person or agency unless required by law or unless permission is sought from the person declared within this request. All Personal information will be handled in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009.

    What if I do not want to provide any personal information?

    We accept anonymous complaint submissions through our Online Form, however, it should be acknowledged that we are not able to respond to anonymous complainants or advise them of the outcome of their complaint. All information provided to us in relation to a complaint is used only for the purpose of resolving your concerns or questions and is handled in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009.

    What happens next?

    When submitting general complaints or seeking feedback, you should try to include as much detail as possible and advise whether this is a new or previously reported issue.

    Once your complaint or feedback has been received, the matter will be directed to the appropriate department. We will do our best to resolve your complaint within 14 days. However, depending on the nature and complexity of your complaint, we could take up to one month to resolve your complaint.

    If your complaint or feedback relates to a specific service provided, or works being undertaken, you should be aware that by lodging a complaint, the matter will not be automatically suspended or delayed.

    What if I am not happy with the outcome?

    If you are unhappy with a decision or action, and have tried to resolve the matter with the appropriate department without satisfaction, you may request a review be conducted through an Administrative Action Complaint Review.

    Administrative Action Complaints are complaints which relate to an administrative action of Council, including the following: 

    • A decision, or failure to make a decision, or a failure to provide a written statement of reasons for a decision;
    • An act, or failure to do an act;
    • The formulation of a proposal or intention; and
    • The making of a recommendation. 

    In accordance with Section 268 of the Local Government Act 2009, Council has a formal administrative action review process in place called the “Administrative Action Complaints Management Process”. This provides customers with the opportunity to request an administrative action review of decisions made by Council officers or Council in relation to the length of time, quality or how an officer has treated a customer when there are no other appeal provisions available.

    We value feedback from our customers as it is used to shape and refine the future delivery of products and services.

    A crucial part of the feedback process is the Administrative Action Complaints Management Policy. A key objective of this policy is to promote public confidence in Council by ensuring openness and transparency in handling applications for administrative review of decisions made about its services and products.

    Please refer to the Guide to Administrative Action Review Process below.

    Guide to Administrative Action Review Process (PDF 29KB)
    Administrative Action Complaints Management Policy (PDF 94KB)
    Administrative Action Complaints Management Process (PDF 112KB)
    Administrative Action Complaints form (PDF 92KB)

    What if I am not satisfied with the review’s outcome?

    If you are unhappy with the outcome of the Administrative Action Complaint Review, you may escalate your complaint to the appropriate external agency or tribunal such as the Queensland Ombudsman.

    What if I have a complaint about the conduct of a Councillor?

    Councillors are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct for Councillors in Queensland.

    If you are unhappy with the conduct of a Whitsunday Regional Council Councillor, please submit your complaint in writing to the Chief Executive Officer or the Office of the Independent Assessor.

    If, after assessing your complaint, it is determined that your complaint is:

    • Inappropriate Conduct: The matter will be referred to the Mayor to consider the appropriate action, which could result in a written reprimand. If it is a repeat of inappropriate conduct, the matter will be referred to the Department of Local Governments as misconduct.
    • Misconduct: If the OIA assesses a complaint as suspected misconduct, the OIA will undertake an investigation into the complaint and both the complainant and the subject officer will be advised. During an investigation the complainant will receive an update every three months on the progress, unless the investigation is finalised earlier. At the end of the investigation, if the Independent Assessor reasonably suspects misconduct, the OIA will make an application for the matter to be heard by the Councillor Conduct Tribunal.

      The complainant and councillor will be advised by the OIA if the complaint is referred to the Councillor Conduct Tribunal and will receive a decision notice from the tribunal at the conclusion of this process. The OIA can be contacted on 1300 620 722.
    • Corrupt Conduct: The matter will be referred to the Crime and Corruption Commission (CCC) for review and, if required, investigation. Find out further information on the Crime and Corruption Commission’s website or phone 1800 061 611.
    • Another matter: The complaint will be dealt with in the appropriate manner.
  • If you are seeking compensation directly from our organisation for injury, loss or damage arising from an incident, please submit a claim in writing. All claims must include full details of the incident, alleged negligence, photos of the damage and two quotations for consideration as soon as practical to the incident (10 business days).

    Whist all Liability Claims will be considered, the following claims are generally not successful:

    • Damage to tyres and rims which result from wear and tear.
    • Damage due to debris (if it occurs in the normal course of driving).
    • Damage resulting from criminal actions.
    • Damage resulting from extreme weather events.
    • Matters already the subject of an insurance claim.
    • Damage resulting from the actions of a third party.
    • Damage resulting in property damage i.e. panel damage, windscreen damage from plant.

Customer Service and Complaints Management

Customer Service and Complaints Management

# Name Size File Type Download