Doing Business with Council
We aim to ensure that expenditure of public funds results in the most advantageous outcome for the community, in accordance with applying Section 104 of the Local Government Act 2009 Sound Contracting Principles:
- value for money; and
- Open and effective competition; and
- the development of competitive local business and industry; and
- Environmental protection; and
- Ethical behaviour and fair dealing.
When engaging contractors, suppliers and consultants, we aim to adhere compliance with the Local Government Regulations 2012, internal policies and procedures to ensure procurement practices are fair and equitable and that sufficient governance is in place to control probity and due diligence when procuring goods and services.
We encourage businesses and the local industry to participate in any opportunities through their expressions of interests, tender or quotation processes made available. The following outlines Council’s procurement and tender opportunities, policies and processes:
Current and Upcoming Tenders
Whitsunday Regional Council launched a new online tender portal from 1st May 2021 called eTenderBox (an Open Windows Software Product). eTenderBox enables any potential contractors, suppliers and consultants to view current tenders, download tender documents and upload submissions within a secure environment. Once you have set up a free account with eTenderBox, notifications for any of Council’s Expression of Interests and Tenders will be emailed to your registered email address to access the documents for viewing or download and to submit any queries in relation to the documents via a forum or upload your submission.
Should you have any issues with registering, downloading documents or uploading submissions, please refer to the user manual or contact the eTenderbox Support Team via firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 73 90 73.
For those businesses registered to our previous online platform, LGTenderbox, please be aware this site has been decommissioned and you will need to register on eTenderBox to view or apply for any new Tenders.
If you have any questions or enquiries, please contact our Procurement and Contracts Team via email to email@example.com.
Awarded Contracts above the value of $200,000
Under Section 237 of the Local Government Regulations 2012, Council must publish details of any contractual arrangements entered into worth $200,000 or more (exclusive of GST), therefore the following are the relevant contracts awarded over a 12-month period:
Procurement and Local Preference Policies
Our officers are required to conduct all procurement activity in accordance and ensure compliance with the obligations under the Local Government Act 2009 and Local Government Regulation 2012, including our Procurement Policy and Local Preference Policy.
We are committed to the development of our competitive local businesses and industry and have included in the Local Preference Policy a local content section which includes the sourcing of quotations within the region and a “Local Supplier” weighting which must be used as part of all tender evaluations.
Doing Business with Council
Whether you are a small business or a large organisation we want to work with you.
We have the following arrangements in place to assist with the procurement of goods and/or services:
- Pre-qualified Panel Arrangements – established via a Public Tender process and assessed as having the technical, compliance, financial and resource capabilities to conduct the relevant activities. If appointed on this type of Panel, separate quotations may be requested for specified services;
- Preferred Panel Arrangements – may be established through a Public Tender Process, due to frequency, volume of goods and/or services basis or if better value for money can be attained. Once the arrangement is awarded, the successful tenderer will be engaged for that activity for the duration of the contract; however, quotations may be requested dependant on the terms and conditions of the specified contract.
- Local Buy Panel Arrangements – The Local Government Association of Queensland (LGAQ) established Local Buy to assist Local and State Governments meet their procurement needs by conducting the procurement process to establish contractual panel arrangement for various goods and/or services which Councils and Government bodies can utilise. Quotations are requested by Council through these panel arrangements. For further information and opportunities to be a part of Local Buy Panel Arrangements, please visit their website via www.localbuy.net.au.
Terms of Business
The Terms of Business govern the purchase of goods and/or services by Council. The Terms of Business apply to any procurement activity Council enter into and are referred to on all Council’s purchase orders, unless Council enters into a specific contract arrangement incorporating alternative terms and conditions that are agreed upon at the time of contract award.