Our region extends over 23,862 square kilometres and includes the major townships of Airlie Beach, Bowen, Cannonvale, Collinsville and Proserpine, with numerous rural and coastal communities and residential areas scattered throughout the area.
We administer in excess of $1.4 billion in assets, including four library branches, six aquatic facilities, four customer service centres as well as various major infrastructure and equipment. We maintain 1784 km of roads and 120 parks and open spaces.
More information, including detailed information on towns and areas within the region, can be found on our Whitsunday Region webpage.
Our strategic direction is determined by the Mayor and Councillors, in consultation with the community. Our leadership team provides advice to the Mayor and Councillors and is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of the organisation.
Our organisation consists of five Directorates:
- Office of the Mayor & CEO – communications and marketing; community engagement; people and culture; commercial operations; disaster management and capital program and network planning.
- Infrastructure Services – parks and gardens; stormwater drainage; transport; waste; water services and workshops.
- Corporate Services – finance; fleet; governance and administration; innovation and technology; procurement and property.
- Community Services and Facilitation – community development; community facilities; customer service; entertainment and events; environment operations; health; libraries and local laws.
- Regional Strategy and Planning – building; development assessment; development compliance; plumbing and strategic planning.
Each year we review the organisational structure to ensure that it delivers an effective, efficient and innovative organisation and promotes our vision, mission and values.
Is to be a sustainable and progressive region achieved by unified and innovative leadership for the benefit of our diverse community, visitors and the environment.
Is to provide engaged, accountable, proactive and unified leadership that is focused on delivering sustainable outcomes.
Our Corporate Values
Corporate Values are the fundamental principles and practices how we as an organisation conduct our business. They set standards and define what our organisation considers are imperative to success.
We are responsible, open and transparent about what we do and how we do it.
We provide direction and good decision making for our organisation and community in an understanding environment that embraces trust and continuous improvement.
We work together as a cohesive and proactive team.
We foster trust within our community and organisation.
We take pride in our diverse community and the service we deliver.
We actively care for the health and wellbeing of our organisation and community.