Our region extends over 23,862 square kilometres and includes the major townships of Airlie Beach, Bowen, Cannonvale, Collinsville and Proserpine, with numerous rural and coastal communities and residential areas scattered throughout the area.
We administer in excess of $1.4 billion in assets, including four library branches, six aquatic facilities, four customer service centres as well as various major infrastructure and equipment. We maintain 1784 km of roads and 120 parks and open spaces.
More information, including detailed information on towns and areas within the region, can be found on our Whitsunday Region webpage.
Our strategic direction is determined by the Mayor and Councillors, in consultation with the community. Our leadership team provides advice to the Mayor and Councillors and is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of the organisation.
Our organisation consists of the Office of the Mayor & CEO and four Directorates:
- Infrastructure Services – roads and drainage; parks and gardens; water; wastewater; waste; quarry; major projects; disaster management and recovery services.
- Corporate Services – financial services; procurement; asset management; property services; fleet management; GIS, innovation and technology; records management and corporate governance.
- Community Services – community and library services; sports and aquatic facilities; environmental and public health; climate change; community events; regulatory matters; cultural heritage; community safety; council’s caravan parks and local laws.
- Development Services – economic development, urban design; planning, development assessment, implementation and assessment; development compliance; infrastructure charging, growth management; environmental planning, nature conservation and place making.
Each year we review the organisational structure to ensure that it delivers an effective, efficient and innovative organisation and promotes our vision, mission and values.
Natural beauty, global attraction. We have it all.
We are committed to providing the Whitsunday region with strong and responsive local government and achieving an innovative, efficient and sustainable organisation.
Whitsunday Regional Council's culture is driven through the following values:
- Accountability - being open, diligent and ethical in our decisions and actions
- Unity - Working together to get things done
- Trust - in our team mates, our service partners and our customers
- Community - building pride, strength and confidence amongst our region, residents and ratepayers
- Continuous Improvement - always looking for solutions and ways to do things better