Lake Proserpine is situated 30 minutes inland from Proserpine and is an ideal spot for water sports and freshwater fishing. Lake Proserpine is renowned as home to 1m plus barramundi which can be fished all year round! Each year, the Lake is restocked with over 20,000 barramundi fingerlings. We recommend purchasing a Stocked Impoundment Permit Scheme (SIPS) permit prior to arriving at the Lake.
We have upgraded the recreational facilities at Lake Proserpine, including toilet blocks and shower amenities to activate the area and drive tourism market.
Access upgrades have also been completed with three new pontoons and a jetty installed for ease of access for boaties.
Visitors can stay for up to seven nights at our lakeside bush camping sites or indulge by staying in one of our glamping tents!
To find out what is in store for Lake Proserpine view the Recreational Masterplan.
Our facilities include:
- BBQ facilties
- Amenities with disability access
- Designated fire pits
- Pontoons including a pontoon from the camping area into the lake
- Boat ramp and jetty
- On-site kiosk open from 8am - 5pm daily to purchase ice, wood, snacks, soft drinks, lollies, ice-creams, fishing tackle and general goods
- Unpowered 'bush camping' sites
Campers can stay at Lake Proserpine for up to seven nights. Fees commence from 19 July 2021.
Stay Adult Children
(4 - 14)
(2 Adults &
per night $8 $4 $20 per week $56 $28 $140
Please note that prices displayed are inclusive of GST and are valid until 1 July each year and are subject to change.
Indulge yourself by experiencing Glamping in one of the most picturesque locations in the Whitsundays!
Our Bell Tents are set up in a specially allocated location at Lake Proserpine, where the lake and mountain views are guaranteed to impress you. Reconnect with nature, enjoy the space and be blown away by the beautiful sunsets all from the comfort of your luxury Bell Tent.
Shared campsite toilets and warm showers are located nearby for your convenience as is a kiosk for essential items as well as snacks and food options.
Our spacious 5m Bell Tents provide both indoor and outdoor areas for you to enjoy.
Indoors, we have a comfortable queen size bed with bed linen as well as hard and soft furnishings to ensure a plush and cosy experience. Outdoors we provide a picnic table, outdoor rug and comfy seating options.
We can accommodate x 2 adults per tent or x 2 adults and x 2 children. Pets must be housed outside of the tent.
- Set up and pack down
- Welcome hamper of toiletries, fresh fruits, drinking water, sweet and savoury treats.
- Furnishings such as queen size mattress, bedside tables, night lamps. This also includes throw blankets, cushions, bed linen, bath towels, picnic table, outdoor chairs and ottomans.
- 33lt esky, cooking utensils, dinner set, glassware, cutlery, paper towels, hand towel and bug spray.
- Additional guests
- Firepit / Cooker
- Single mattress and linen
- Blue River Ice
Stay Base Cost per night $300 x 2 nights $250
Please note that prices displayed are inclusive of GST and are valid until 1 July each year and are subject to change. Pending customer reviews we will be looking at additional upgrades and changes.
Ilze and Mark
Phone: 07 4945 0435
Thanks for choosing to stay at Lake Proserpine! Our friendly on-site Managers are here to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. The Camping Rules ensure your stay is safe and comfortable and your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
The office is open from 8.00am to 5.00pm
Arrival and Departure
Check in and out between kiosk opening hours. If you plan to arrive outside of the timeframe please report to the kiosk first thing in the morning to recieve a tag for your vehicle.
- Guests must keep their site clean and tidy and must ensure their belongings are retained within their allocated site.
- Trenches must not be dug on or around sites.
- No open fires
- Generators are permitted but please be considerate of fellow guests.
Vehicles / Speed Limit
- Vehicles must be driven at 8km/h (walking pace) or slower.
- Vehicles must not be parked on roadways.
- All vehicles, boats or trailers must be registered.
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards and rollerblades and alike are permitted, but it is mandatory that safety equipment is worn at all times and equipment can only be used between the hours of 8.30am and dusk and not exceed walking pace.
- Guests must secure items of value on or about their tent or caravan during the length of their stay.
- Please note that the area is monitored by a security company.
Use of Camping Facilities
- Guests must use the provided facilities for its proper purpose.
- Parents or guardians are responsible for their children’s behaviour.
- Children must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times, particularly in the amenities areas.
- Dogs/pets are permitted in the camping area, some restrictions apply.
- Pets are not to be left unattended and owners must ensure pets are restrained at all times while in the camping area.
- Pets must remain on a lead and kept under effective control. This is not a leash-free area.
- Pet owners are to use doggy bags.
- For health and safety reasons, pets are not permitted in communal areas such as BBQ’s.
- Guests are welcome to invite visitors to the camping area during the hours of 8:00am and 10.00pm.
- the guest is responsible for the actions of their visitors, and the guest will be liable for any damage caused by their visitor/s.
The On-Site Manager may evict an unruly or disruptive visitor from the camping area.
Noise, Nuisance and Illegal Activity
- At all times, noise must be kept to a minimum and guests must not cause a nuisance to other campers.
- Campers are asked to refrain from loud noise from 8pm.
- Illegal substance use, illegal activity, excessive use of alcohol, disruptive behaviour, lewd behaviour and acts of violence/ abuse within the camping area will be reported to the police.
- Guests and their visitors must comply with the applicable Queensland Government Smoking Laws in place at all times.
Refuse and Waste
- Guests must bag and/or wrap their garbage before placing in the provided rubbish bins.
- Recycling bins are to be used for designated recyclables only.
- Guests accept that there is a possibility of injury or damage as a result of falling branches.
Evacuations and Emergencies
- In the event of an evacuation due to cyclonic conditions, all guests are required to leave the camping area, with no exceptions.
Indemnity, release and other conditions of stay
- Guests agree to release the Council, its servants and agents to the full extent permitted by law from all actions, claims and demands of any kind for, or resulting from any loss or damage suffered by, or the death of, or injury to, anyone in any way as a result of negligence or breach of these camping rules and regulations by guests or their visitors.
- Guests accept all responsibility and acknowledge neither the Council nor its servants or agents can be held liable in anyway whatsoever, for any damage or theft to property belonging to guests or their visitors, including as a result of power supply being connected or disconnected to guests' caravans/ motor homes/ tents.
- The indemnity and release referred to in these camping rules survive the termination or expiration of the guests' stay.
Compliance with rules and regulations
- Failure to comply with the camping rules and regulations and/ or On-Site Manager's directions will result in termination of the booking without refund, and immediate eviction from the camping area.