New property owners

Change of Ownership Registration Fee

When you purchase a property, your details are registered in the Queensland Titles Office as the property owner. The Department of Environment and Resource Management will then forward this information to Council, and you will be recorded as the registered property owner on Council's records.

Council charges a fee to register this information. A charge will be levied with your next rates notice or a supplementary account will be issued. Please check Councils Fees and Charges document for the current fee applicable. 

Purchase of Land in Rural Areas

Whitsunday Regional Council supports the right of persons to carry out reasonable and practicable agricultural uses and practices on land in rural areas that are conducted in accordance with the relevant Planning Scheme and associated legislation. 

Intending purchasers are advised that reasonable and practicable rural and agricultural uses of land may include some off-site impacts from the following - or like activities:
  • Logging and milling of timber
  • Livestock feed lots
  • Piggeries
  • Dairies
  • Intensive livestock
  • Clearing and cultivation of land
  • Bushfire hazard reduction burning
  • Cane Fires
  • Construction of firebreaks
  • Construction of dams, drains and contour banks
  • Fencing
  • Use of agricultural machinery (tractors, chainsaws, motor bikes etc) including machinery and equipment used in the harvesting and transport of sugar cane on roads and railways around the clock in all weather conditions
  • Pumping and irrigation
  • Herbicide spraying
  • Pesticide spraying
  • Aerial spraying
  • Animal husbandry practices
  • Driving livestock on roads
  • Silage production
  • Construction of access roads and tracks
  • Slashing and mowing vegetation
  • Planting of wood lots
Intending purchasers of land in rural areas should consider the impacts that would occur before purchase of land.

Intending purchasers are also advised that unformed roads, on-site sewerage treatment facilities and self-provided domestic water supplies are standard in many rural areas. Upgrading of these facilities to an urban/town standard is generally unlikely.
  1. P  1300 WRC QLD (1300 972 753)

    67 Herbert Street, Bowen
    Shop 23 Whitsunday Plaza, Cannonvale
    Cnr. Stanley and Conway Streets, Collinsville
    52 Main Street, Proserpine
  1. LINKS

    My Dashboard   |   Privacy   |   Disclaimer   |   Accessibility   |   Site Map

    Powered by CivicPlus from Redman Solutions

    © Copyright Whitsunday Council 2014